Congratulations on your recent graduation and welcome to the Washington, DC metropolitan area! The Washington, DC Chapter is proud of your recent accomplishment and is committed to providing support to you as you continue your education in graduate school or begin the transition from student life to professional life here in the Washington, DC area. While we fully understand that as a new graduate you may not be ready or settled enough to take on an active role within the life of the Chapter, we encourage you to do the following:
- Subscribe to the VSUAA Online E-mail Listserv. This will help keep you connected and up-to-date on news and information about the University and the Alumni Association wherever opportunity takes you. To join, simply click here to get CONNECTED!!!
- Like us on Facebook
- Keep your information up- to-date. This will help the Alumni Association keep its own alumni database up-to-date. Use the Member profile on the National Alumni Association website to accomplish this.
- Inform the University of your new mailing address. Wherever opportunity takes you, keep the University informed of your new mailing address by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . This will help the University stay in constant contact with you and ensure that you receive pertinent alumni information, such as the Virginia State University Alumni Magazine.
Attend a Chapter Meeting
- Membership is Free. Attend a chapter meeting without having to worry about paying membership dues right away. As a new graduate, your membership is free for the first year.
- Networking is key as you relocate and start your life here in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Making contact with alumni in the area can be very beneficial to you so don’t miss out –take advantage of your free membership in the Chapter and start networking today.
Attend a Chapter Event
- The Chapter offers area alumni an exciting mix of networking, cultural, social, athletic, recreational, and educational activities. These activities include happy hours, sporting events, summer cookouts, events to raise funds for scholarships and to recruit area high school students to the University, plus much, much more! Joining the Chapter can be the best network of support for recent graduates and area newcomers, so we encourage you to join the proud ranks of Washington, DC area alumni who have found it beneficial to remain connected to a great university and a network of Trojan alumni. Your connection with the Washington, DC Chapter can help you in your road to success.